For a while now, I’ve been looking at a lot of “infographics” on the Internet. Mainly, they’re graphics about science, politics, financials and whatever. But recently, I stumbled across someone’s infographic that has detailed his life from a certain age; chronicling his education and interests. What a great idea! I have been wanting to create one for myself for years. Well, I finally have.
Simply titled, “Life Infographic,” this particular graphic chronicles many facets of my life from the age of 15. Why start with that age? Well, it’s the start of my high school career; the start of the passions and interests I have today. Plus, I don’t think anyone would be interested in all the little bits of life before that.
There is a lot in this graphic, so let me give you a bullet point of what you can find. (From the top-down.)
• Location: Simply, where I have lived during the course of the timeline.
• Education: Shown in the background, this layer represents where and when I went to school and for what.
• Professional Skills: The warm colored bars depict the skill sets and knowledge I gained during this time. It also shows how long I used these skills.
• Career: Basically where I worked and what job I had.
• Age: This is the important bit. The age timeline is what everything in the infographic is based upon.
• Interests: The cool colored bars depict the interests I had outside of the career path and professional skills. Things that I was/am interested in as hobbies or general interest.
• Events: Significant events that have happened to me at certain times in the last 15 years. The interest bars rise up to interact with the professional skills and interests to give you a better representation of where certain skills and interests come from.
Well, that’s the ride around the block for the infographic. I have to say, the most difficult part of this process was determining what goes into the graphic, how to represent the flow, and oddly enough, what colors to choose. I really loved creating this infographic, so now I am in the process of creating another for only my professional timeline; kind of like a visual resume.
I hope gain more insight into who I am, where I came from and what interests me. But most of all, I just hope you enjoy it.
(Also, I need to give an inspiration shout out to the person who created LifeMap. Viewing this finally got me to create my own.)