Google hasn’t directly blamed the Chinese government for the hacking, however they are now unwilling to censor results on the China search page. Who will win? My money is on Google.
The New York Times reported this afternoon that Conan will not host the Tonight Show after Leno. Basically that he is tired of NBC’s indecision. I agree with him. However, he will be sorely missed.
Why get rid of the funniest guy you have and replace him with someone who isn’t and frankly, just doesn’t get it?
There are so many things that saturate the media and are overhyped (and using the term ‘overhyped’ is an understatement) to the point of being annoying. Kind of like when a radio station over-plays your favorite song. You know how it goes, it’s really interesting and cool to talk about, but after a while, you sort of want to move on.
Below is a list of the items I believe are overhyped and done. Items that we should just move on from.
1) Avatar: Yes, I know it’s a triumph of special effects and Cameron’s masterpiece to date. And yes, it has grossed a lot of money in the theaters. I will be honest, I haven’t seen it. I wanted to, but with everyone so infatuated with it and all the non-stop talk about it, now I don’t want to see it. I’ll watch Sherlock Holmes instead.
2) Tiger Woods: Yes, he cheated. Yes, he’s no longer a model athlete or spokesperson. And yes, it’s time to move on.
3) American Idol: Not another season. The show never changes and the latest winners aren’t doing anything of “Idol” note. Also, the Bachelor(ette) belongs here too.
4) Nexus One, iPhone, Android OS: These are amazing devices that make me believe I live in the future. However, the technology has been around for a while now. Let’s move on to the next big thing in cell phones: complete integration.
5) The Packers Playoff Loss: They lost. They didn’t play like a Super Bowl team should. The season is over.
6) Mark McGwire: We all knew he took steroids. He just admitted what we knew already. Do we really have to dwell on this?
7) Cigarette and Cigars: If it’s detrimental to the health of everyone, don’t keep taxing it, don’t pass ordinances saying you can’t smoke in most places. Just make it illegal. How about that for a solution? (I should run for office)
8) Sarah Palin: Releasing a book, getting a tv show, going on the lecture circuit. Why is this constantly on the news?
9) Snow in Wisconsin: Wisconsin says it all.
10) Unemployed Numbers: We all know it’s still bad out there. People are still losing jobs and having a hard time getting new ones. The numbers won’t bounce back overnight either. Let’s try a positive outlook for positive results?
So, this is maybe a dark type post. It wasn’t my intention. I’m actually a very happy guy. I just have been saturated by things.
What are the things you think are overhyped?
This is, so far my favorite dance track of the year. And yes, I do know that it’s early in 2010 an the track is actually from 2009. I don’t really think it’s that big of an issue. I’m sure you’ll agree after you have heard the track.
I haven’t seen Morgan Page live yet, but you better know that if he comes to the upper Great Lakes, I’ll be there.
[soundcloud url=”http://soundcloud.com/morganpage/the-temper-trap-sweet-disposition-morgan-page-remix” params=”show_comments=false&auto_play=false&color=FF04b5″ width=”100%” height=”81″ ]
Ten years ago, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn’t commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire… The A-Team.
As you may or may not know, I’m always on the hunt for a great piece of music. Recently, my brother turned me onto the Slew. What an awakening that was, to be sure.
These guys produce some of the most raw and unadulterated tracks of mastery. Heavy beats, thick mixes along with impressive turn-table scratching. Overall, when you listen to them, you get a sense of badassery. Yes, that is a word. Well, a word I made up to describe the emotion one gets from listening.
I guess Kid Koala and Dynamite D were approached to develop and score a film that was being filmed. Sadly, the film was sacked. However, the score remains. The Slew was born. They released the album 100% and proceeded to tour only once. (Yes, this is a sad realization.)
Needless to say, it’s a great album to “get.” (If you know me, you know why I quoted “get.”) My recommendation: somehow obtain this brilliant score, listen to it, bop your head in enjoyment, and welcome in 2010 with a bad ass band.
So I wish I could come up with something a bit more poignant and well thought out for my first post on ebreakdown, but I really can’t. I can tell you the events that have lead up to this blog, however.
The name ebreakdown came about 10 years ago now. It’s a shortened version of elegantbreakdown which is the moniker that I go by. The name was developed after listening to INXS’ Elegantly Wasted album. I was in love with that band and fell in love with the album name, but the word “wasted” is a bit risque. So, “breakdown” came about. This blog is simply the next and most recent step in the evolution of my online presence. I have had many blogs in the past and what I have realized is that it’s just too many to keep track of and consequently I failed at keeping track of them. I then decided to create one master blog for myself. One that I can feed most, if not all, of my satellite blogs, social sites, and other environments into. So, this is what we have here. The master blog. This is the place to go to find out what I’m up to.
I provide this sort of service to many of my clients. Basically a new media package. A funnel of information into one site that can be fed into satellite platforms. It only made sense to do it for myself, right? I had sometime today to make that happen. Believe me, it’s no easy task. There are way too many sites, some with two-way integration and others with one-way integration. It took a while, but I made it here.
So, what will you find here? You’ll find Twitter updates, RSS updates from my Google Reader, Last.fm updates of music that I’m listening to, photo posts, location posts and many other things. What sort of content am I going to post? Well, a whole myriad of things really. Items relating to design, art, branding, music, technology, movies; elements of my personal life including places I go, people I meet, things I get and you get the idea.
So, I guess that’s it for now. I now have to get some food and get ready for a party tonight. A sparkle party at that. (No, I don’t own anything that sparkles)
My name is Leif.