There are so many things that saturate the media and are overhyped (and using the term ‘overhyped’ is an understatement) to the point of being annoying. Kind of like when a radio station over-plays your favorite song. You know how it goes, it’s really interesting and cool to talk about, but after a while, you sort of want to move on.
Below is a list of the items I believe are overhyped and done. Items that we should just move on from.
1) Avatar: Yes, I know it’s a triumph of special effects and Cameron’s masterpiece to date. And yes, it has grossed a lot of money in the theaters. I will be honest, I haven’t seen it. I wanted to, but with everyone so infatuated with it and all the non-stop talk about it, now I don’t want to see it. I’ll watch Sherlock Holmes instead.
2) Tiger Woods: Yes, he cheated. Yes, he’s no longer a model athlete or spokesperson. And yes, it’s time to move on.
3) American Idol: Not another season. The show never changes and the latest winners aren’t doing anything of “Idol” note. Also, the Bachelor(ette) belongs here too.
4) Nexus One, iPhone, Android OS: These are amazing devices that make me believe I live in the future. However, the technology has been around for a while now. Let’s move on to the next big thing in cell phones: complete integration.
5) The Packers Playoff Loss: They lost. They didn’t play like a Super Bowl team should. The season is over.
6) Mark McGwire: We all knew he took steroids. He just admitted what we knew already. Do we really have to dwell on this?
7) Cigarette and Cigars: If it’s detrimental to the health of everyone, don’t keep taxing it, don’t pass ordinances saying you can’t smoke in most places. Just make it illegal. How about that for a solution? (I should run for office)
8) Sarah Palin: Releasing a book, getting a tv show, going on the lecture circuit. Why is this constantly on the news?
9) Snow in Wisconsin: Wisconsin says it all.
10) Unemployed Numbers: We all know it’s still bad out there. People are still losing jobs and having a hard time getting new ones. The numbers won’t bounce back overnight either. Let’s try a positive outlook for positive results?
So, this is maybe a dark type post. It wasn’t my intention. I’m actually a very happy guy. I just have been saturated by things.
What are the things you think are overhyped?