This year was a great year of music exploration for me. I listened to a variety of new genres, artists and tracks that I normally wouldn’t. This isn’t to say that I stopped listening to EDM or alternative music, I just expanded my music consumption a bit.
Last year I created a list of my Top Albums of 2013, that were released in 2013. This year, I’m taking a different approach. This year, I am providing a list of Top 20 Tracks that I listened to on an ongoing basis, tracks that I love, tracks that helped define 2014 and tracks that I couldn’t “put down.” Now, I want to caveat this by saying this is a list of my personal Top Tracks of 2014; they were not necessarily created in 2014, nor were they top tracks by the amount of times I listened to them, they simply helped define the last year for me.
So, here we go, as promised, my Top 20 Tracks of 2014!
20. I Just Wanna Love U (Jean Tonique Remix) – Jay Z featuring Pharrell
19. Do It Again – Röyksopp & Robyn
18. Flipmode – Mt. Eden
17. Love Is All I Got (Feed Me’s Matilda Remix) – Feed Me featuring Crystal Fighters
16. Made to Love – John Legend
15. Prayer in C – Lilly Wood and the Prick (Robin Schulz Remix)
14. A Pain That I’m Used To (Jacques Lu Cont Remix) – Depeche Mode
13. Big Talk – Conway
12. Million Voices – Otto Knows
11. Fading Nights – Parra for Cuva (Original Mix)
10. Fade Out Lines – The Avener
9. Allein – Pryda
8. All of Me – John Legend
7. Pushing On – Oliver $ and Jimi Jules
6. Under Control – Calvin Harris
5. Radioactive – Imagine Dragons featuring Kendrick Lamar
4. Til Sunrise (Pairanoid Remix) – Goldroom
3. Rage the Night Away – Steve Aoki featuring Waka Flocka Flame
2. Ritual Union – Little Dragon
And my Top Track of 2014…
1. Dare You – Hardwell
Not only is this a killer track and Hardwell is probably the top EDM artist of the year, but this is the track I heard on approach into Sky Harbor and will forever remind me of my move to Phoenix.